Current News Releases
- Participatory Budgeting Victoria: Got an Idea for How to Spend $50,000?
The City of Victoria is looking for idea for a projects, initiatives or events, up to $50,000, to submit it to the Participatory Budgeting Steering Committee.
August 17, 2017
- Province of British Columbia and City of Surrey Team Up to Develop Strategy for Local Manufacturing
A partnership between the Province and the City of Surrey is developing new strategies to help local manufacturers grow their operations and create good jobs.
August 15, 2017
- Nanaimo Set to Host Trunk Sale
The City of Nanaimo will be hosting the Nanaimo Recycles Trunk Sale Saturday, September 9th. The free reuse event aims to give unwanted household items a longer lease on life and to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill
August 14, 2017
- Cowichan Valley Regional District Continues to Reduce Energy Consumption
The Cowichan Valley Regional District (CVRD) has reduced energy consumption by 19% and continues to achieve carbon neutral operations for 2016.
August 10, 2017
- Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen to Offer Workshops and Free Waste Audits for Businesses
GreenStep Solutions, with the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen, is helping to create a Business Education Program to improve local recycling. GreenStep is hosting collaborative business workshops and providing free workplace waste audits across the region.
August 3, 2017
- TransLink On Track for Record-Breaking Ridership
Ridership growth leads North America; follows Mayors' 10-Year Vision investments to improve service.
July 28, 2017
- Partnerships Key to Keeping Whistler Safe
Recent hot weather, smoke and the devastating wildfires in B.C.'s Interior are all reminders about the how critical it is for the community to work together to address Whistler's wildfire risk and prepare for emergencies.
July 28, 2017
- Columbia Shuswap Regional District and Regional District of North Okanagan to Purchase Portion of CP Rail Corridor
The Columbia Shuswap Regional District and the Regional District of North Okanagan have both successfully concluded an Alternative Approval Process, which will allow them to borrow for the purchase of sections of the CP Rail Corridor property between Sicamous and Armstrong.
July 26, 2017
- Okanagan-Similkameen Wins Canada-wide Water's Next Award
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen wins Canada-wide 'Water's Next' Award for its innovative programming, water conservation outreach, and customer service.
July 25, 2017
- District of Squamish Launches Good Neighbour Guidelines
The District of Squamish has launched the Good Neighbour Guidelines, a collection of regulatory District bylaws, common-sense practices and useful information to support public safety, civic responsibility and community for all Squamish residents
July 20, 2017