Current News Releases
- Four Regions Successful in B.C. Smart Communities Pilot
People living in four regions of British Columbia will benefit from projects that will make their communities safer and more connected. Through the Smart Communities pilot program, the B.C. government is encouraging municipalities to develop and use innovative technology that will transform everyday challenges into sustainable solutions.
November 8, 2018
- New Legislation Makes It Clear: Farmland Is For Farming
Legislation introduced on Monday, Nov. 5, 2018, makes it clear that land in the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) is for farming and ranching in British Columbia, not for dumping construction waste or building mega-mansions.
November 6, 2018
- ABM Celebrates Second Year of Building Business Relationships in Langley Township
Held on the traditional territory of the Kwantlen, Katzie, and Semiahmoo First Nations, the 2018 ABM Lower Mainland provided business opportunities to more than 100 delegates from business and Nations, who met in an environment that strived to remove geographic barriers, condense time requirements, reduce costs, and facilitate opportunities for shared prosperity.
November 5, 2018
- New Home for Crabs and Fish in Campbell River: New Eelgrass Planting Completed
Nearly 400 square metres of new habitat for marine animals has been added to the Campbell River estuary with the completion of an eelgrass planting program by the City.
November 5, 2018
- Gender Equality Conference in New Westminster Aims to Explore Gender Biases in the Workplace
The City of New Westminster, in partnership with Soroptimist International, is proud to present the Gender Equality: Overcoming biases in the workplace conference. The November 22nd conference will explore how cities, and related institutions, can build better communities for everyone while also pushing to overcome institutional bias within workplaces and at a political level.
November 1, 2018
- Richmond's Alexandra District Energy Utility Awarded Innovative Energy Project of the Year
The City of Richmond’s Alexandra District Energy Utility Phase Four project has earned the City the 2018 Innovative Energy Project of the Year award by The Association of Energy Engineers for its excellence in energy management.
November 1, 2018
- New Development Tracker Added to Esquimalt's Website
Esquimalt’s Development Services Department has created a development project tracker which provides a quick and easy way to see the status of development projects within the municipality.
October 30, 2018
- Vancouver and Community Land Trust Break Ground on 140 New Units of Affordable Co-op Housing
Combined future developments in Fraser Lands River District will be western Canada's largest housing co-operative with 418 homes.
October 29, 2018
- Province Helps Fund Metro Vancouver Transit and Transportation Improvements
Proposed changes to the Parking Rights Tax will help TransLink fund major transit and transportation improvements to keep people and goods moving quickly, safely and affordably in Metro Vancouver.
October 26, 2018
- FNFN and NRRM Submit Fort Nelson Community Forest Agreement Application
Fort Nelson Community Forest partners, Fort Nelson First Nation, and Northern Rockies Regional Municipality are pleased to announce the submission of their Community Forest Agreement application to the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development on October 15, 2018.
October 24, 2018