Current News Releases
- Whistler Endorses Protocol Agreement with Lil'wat Nation and Squamish Nation
The protocol aims to establish a cooperative relationship in the spirit of reconciliation for the purpose of addressing topics of mutual interest and to raise awareness and understanding of the three governments.
April 26, 2018
- BC Takes Three More Bold Steps to Fix the Housing Crisis
If approved by the legislature, changes to the Real Estate Development Marketing Act will require real estate developers to collect and report information on pre-sale condo assignments to ensure people are paying the appropriate taxes when these contracts are assigned. Developers must include terms in their contracts to inform buyers of the new collection and reporting requirements. The information will be reported to the provincial administrator designated under the Property Transfer Tax Act.
April 25, 2018
- The Changing Face of Prince George's Downtown
Prince George’s downtown is undergoing a multi-year period of civic and private sector development unlike anything it has seen in decades.
April 23, 2018
- North Cowichan Endorses Revised Affordable Housing Concepts
North Cowichan Council continues to move forward on two, municipally-sponsored affordable housing projects with endorsement of revised concept plans for projects at 3191 Sherman Road and 9800 Willow Street.
April 23, 2018
- New Climate Action To-Go Kits Launch in Capital Region Libraries
Available to borrow from libraries across the region, these take-home kits contain a range of practical tools and activities that will help residents learn about and take action on climate change in their everyday lives.
April 20, 2018
- Province and BC Local Governments Support Seniors with Age-Friendly Grants
Communities across the province are receiving age-friendly grants to support British Columbia seniors, so they can live active, safe, socially engaged and independent lives.
April 19, 2018
- Planning Work to Begin on Coquitlam's Place Maillardville
The future Place Maillardville Community Centre is expected to be 19,000 – 20,000 square feet in size, which would enhance the amenities and services offered within a scale, budget and size appropriate for its neighbourhood.
April 18, 2018
- Vancouver Signs First MOU in Canada with Airbnb For Short-Term Rentals
The City of Vancouver and online accommodation platform Airbnb have reached an agreement that supports the implementation of Vancouver’s new short-term rental regulations.
April 13, 2018
- Okanagan Valley Receives $1.45 Million for Floodplain Mapping
The flood mapping will use LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging), a radar technology that is a form of aerial imaging. LiDAR creates a digital 3D map of the landscape, to help with flood mapping and flood response planning and disaster mitigation.
April 13, 2018
- MFABC Successfully Completes Dual Tranche Issuance: $170 Million 10.5-Year Bond & $410 Million 5-Year Bond Offerings
The Municipal Finance Authority of British Columbia has successfully completed its first bond issuances of the year, raising $580 million to support long-term capital projects throughout the Province. The proceeds of this transaction will be used to refinance new loans for ten years and existing loans for an additional five-year period.
April 10, 2018