Upcoming Events< Previous Event 4 of 40 Next >
11:45 am - 4:30 pm PST
MMCDA Foreman CourseMaster Municipal Construction Documents Association
This half day webinar focuses on what foremen or lead hands need to know when dealing with the Contract Administrator or Inspectors on a MMCD contract and the things a foreman can do to help the Contractor make money, save money or preserve its rights.
Why do I need it?
By attending this course, you will better appreciate how the MMCD contract works and how you can improve the Contractor’s chances of making or saving money.
You should attend this course if you are uncertain about:
- What to do if you suspect hazardous materials are encountered.
- What exactly is a “Concealed Condition”?
- How do I claim for an “Abnormal Weather” day?
- What’s the difference between a “Change” and “Extra Work”, and why this matters
- What do I have to do to be paid for work done on “Force Account”?
- Is a Field Memo or Site Instruction the same as a Change Order?
- When the Superintendent should be advised of a possible Quantity Variation.
- How can I avoid having a delay claim refused?
- What does it mean that the Contractor has to “mitigate” the Owner’s costs?
Upon Completion attendees will:
- Be better prepared to recognize how conflicting information in the Contract Documents is to be resolved and where opportunities exist for the Contractor.
- Understand when they should expect the Contract Administrator and Inspectors to be fair and impartial so they can advise the Superintendent if necessary.
- Recognize critical deadlines to ensure they are not missed through lack of knowledge.
- Understand the critical importance of getting instructions in writing.
To get the most out of this course it is highly recommended that you have access to a microphone and camera.
11:45 am: Registration
12:00 pm: Course starts
4:30 pm: Course ends
$250.00 - Non Member
$225.00 - Associate Member
$200.00 - Supporting Member
$175.00 - Sponsoring Member
Registrations will be taken up until 4:30 pm on Thursday, January 20, 2022.
Cancellation Deadline: Registration deadline date at 4:30 pm. Payment for this course will be charged at the cancellation deadline. No refunds will be given after this point due to the fees involved in running the course.
Note: This course may be cancelled due to insufficient registrations