News Release< Previous Article 39 of 79 Next >
311: A New, Easy Way to Contact the City of Prince GeorgeCity of Prince George
PRINCE GEORGE - Residents and visitors to Prince George who wish to phone the City have a new, easy-to-remember way of doing so: simply dial 3-1-1 when within City limits. City Administration recently received the necessary approval from the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to implement a 311 service in Prince George. Launching a 311 service supports Council’s commitment to enhance citizen-centered services.
In addition to dialing 3-1-1, citizens have multiple ways of contacting the City:
- Outside City limits, call 250-561-7600.
- Email email@example.com.
- Visit the Service Centre at 1100 Patricia Blvd.
- Visit the City website at www.princegeorge.ca
- Download the CityofPG app and send a service request.
- Request info on City Services and bylaws.
- Order, exchange, or report damage to a garbage bin.
- Inquire about utility bills, property taxes, and licenses.
- Submit a service request. Report potholes, failed street lights, water-related issues, icy or snowy streets, missed garbage, graffiti, and more.
- Get support for City online services.
- Provide feedback.
A report on the implementation of the 311 service will be presented to Council during tonight’s meeting.
Senior Communications Officer
City of Prince George
o: 250.614.7882 | c: 250.613.9087
View the full text of this press release