Community Emergency Preparedness Fund - Emergency Support Services Equipment and TrainingUnion of British Columbia Municipalities (UBCM)
The Community Emergency Preparedness Fund (CEPF) is a suite of funding programs intended to support First Nations and local governments to better prepare for disasters and reduce risks from natural hazards in a changing climate. Funding is provided by the Province of BC, and is administered by Union of BC Municipalities (UBCM).
As of April 2023, the funding streams include:
• Disaster risk reduction-climate adaptation
• Emergency operations centres equipment and training
• Emergency support services equipment and training
• Extreme temperature risk mapping, assessment, and planning
• Indigenous cultural safety and cultural humility training
• Public notification and evacuation route planning
• Volunteer and composite fire departments equipment and training
All First Nations (bands and Treaty First Nations) and local governments (municipalities and regional districts) in BC are eligible to apply. Eligible applicants can submit one application per funding stream intake. This includes applying as a partnering applicant in a regional application.
FundingThe Emergency Support Services Equipment and Training funding stream can contribute a maximum of 100% of the cost of eligible activities to a maximum of $30,000.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted as Word, Excel, or PDF files. Total file size for email attachments cannot exceed 20 MB. All applications should be submitted to Local Government Program Services, Union of BC Municipalities by e-mail: [email protected].