Business Facade ImprovementNorthern Development Initiative Trust
The Business Façade Improvement program provides annual grant funding for local governments. Annual funding of up to $20,000 is available to each local government to enhance economic development by encouraging private sector investment in businesses façade improvements. Local governments applying to the program are required to develop and submit their business façade improvement plan/guidelines, which will give direction to local business owners on the eligibility criteria to obtain the business façade improvement grant.
Features and benefits of the program
- Enhanced economic viability and vibrancy of northern and central B.C. communities by supporting visual improvements such as facades, signage, murals, architectural features, siding, lighting and awnings.
- Private sector investment in local business improvement.
- Increased assessed values and tax base as a result of improved properties.
- Attractiveness of community to enhance community pride as well as tourism experience.
- Improved community appearance to support recruitment of new businesses and/or residents.
Up to $20,000 in grant funding (50% to a maximum of $5,000 per façade improvement project) each calendar year.
How to Apply
Please review all program documents in detail as incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Complete application forms with all required attachments should be provided electronically to Northern Development by email at: [email protected]
Northern Development approves Business Façade Improvement applications on an annual basis. Applications must be received prior to midnight on the fall intake deadline day to be eligible for consideration.