News Release< Previous Article 21 of 77 Next >
New City of Coquitlam App Puts City Services at Your FingertipsCity of Coquitlam
COQUITLAM - Swipe, click, tap – and connect! The City’s new CoquitlamConnect app launches today and provides another way to access information about City services, facilities, events and more.
Free, and compatible with both smart phone devices and tablets, the City’s CoquitlamConnect app is now available for download in the App Store and Google Play Store.
Current app features include one-touch access to City news, community events calendar, Coquitlam parks and civic facility information, employment and community input opportunities, public Wi-Fi locations, and City Council contact details and meeting webcasts. The app also links to the City’s social media channels as well as the City website to allow recreation registration and online customer service requests.
CoquitlamConnect has been developed using an incremental build – or phased approach – to allow the City to add new functionality and adapt the app based on user feedback and emerging technologies.
Fully Customize Your Online Experience
The City’s CoquitlamConnect app home screen and alerts are both customizable based on user preferences.
Through the app, you can:
- Favourite the news, events and content you are most interested in on your home screen.
- Set up alerts for news, events, job postings, facility hours and pet adoptions.
- Explore the City through the augmented reality feature.
City Exploring Options for Phase Two
The City’s incremental build model for CoquitlamConnect anticipates future development phases and new functionality based on technological advances and user feedback.
Phase 2 is planned for late 2020 and is expected to include:
- Enhanced Customer Service module to support better reporting tools for service requests, such as graffiti, bylaw complaints, etc.;
- Enhanced mobile registration for recreation programs and facility bookings;
- Better integration with the City recruitment information and job application system; and
- Enhanced wayfinding through Augmented Reality mapping.
Using technology to improve how the City works and delivers services is at the heart of Coquitlam’s Technology Roadmap, which guides how the City will choose, acquire and use technology for the next five years.
Adopted in February 2018, Coquitlam’s Technology Roadmap sought input from both external and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities where the City could leverage technology to improve its business functions and services to the Community. Input received from the community, City Council and staff indicated a desire for, and the benefits of, a mobile app to deliver information about City services.
Due to this interest, the City’s Technology Roadmap identified the development of a City services mobile app as one of the early deliverables within its technology-enabling strategy, with a focus on improvement citizen services and customer experience.
Implemented in February 2018, the plan calls for upgrades to existing systems, as well as consideration of new and emerging technologies.
In addition to the CoquitlamConnect app, other technology initiatives underway or recently completed include:
- Expanded free, public Wi-Fi initiative in City parks
- Digital parking signage at Town Centre Park showing real-time parking availability in Town Centre Park – Parking Lot B;
- Virtual reality technology for community planning to engage the public and to visualize the look, feel and impact of proposed developments; and
- Video analytics software for smart traffic management.
More information about the plan can be found at www.coquitlam.ca/smart
Manager, Information Communications & Technology
Check out Coquitlam information updates and online features at www.coquitlam.ca. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
To subscribe/unsubscribe to News email service, please visit http://elists.lists.coquitlam.ca/mailman/listinfo/coquitlam-news