Energy Innovation Program - Storage & Transportation Focus AreaGovernment of Canada
As part of the Energy Innovation Program – Carbon capture, utilization and storage RD&D Call, the Storage & Transportation focus area aims to characterize and develop safe, permanent sub-surface CO2 storage, and technologies that support safe and efficient transportation of CO2 and storage opportunities across Canada.
The CCUS RD&D Storage and Transportation focus area is open to:
- Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada, including:
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations such as electricity and gas utilities, electricity system operators, transmissions owners and operators, companies, industry associations, research associations, and standards organizations
- Indigenous organizations and groups
- Community groups
- Canadian academic institutions
- Provincial, territorial, regional, and municipal governments and their departments and agencies where applicable
It is expected that the entity that will sign a contribution agreement with NRCan will be the majority owner of any assets purchased in full or in part by funding provided by NRCan.
The CCUS RD&D Storage and Transportation focus area is open to R&D projects and RSA (comprising up to 75% of total project costs) and Demo projects (comprising up to 50% of total project costs), over a period of up to four years. The EIP provides non-repayable contributions for both types of projects.
How to Apply
To apply to the CCUS RD&D Storage and Transportation focus area, applicants must complete and submit their expression of interest (EOI) application via email to NRCan ([email protected]) by 11:59pm ET on April 17, 2023. The EOI application template (fillable PDF format) can be downloaded from NRCan’s website. The eligibility criteria and the evaluated EOI questions are included in Appendix B.