Community Outdoor Revitalization GrantsColumbia Basin Trust
This program supports Basin communities to create, restore or enhance welcoming, safe and vibrant outdoor multi-use community spaces that support community gathering and programming.
Eligible applicants include municipalities, regional districts and First Nations communities in the Columbia Basin Trust region.
Applications from non-profit organizations from unincorporated communities will be considered provided the following criteria are met:
- The Regional District agrees upon the need for the project and has been consulted on the project development; and
- The legal ownership of the property to be revitalized is clearly defined and long-term use for the purpose of community gathering is secured.
This Program offers two types of support:
- Project Planning & Design Grants:
- Available to Municipalities with populations of 5,000 or less, unincorporated areas and First Nations communities to plan and design these types of spaces in more rural contexts.
- Capital Grants:
- To support communities to implement projects that occur in a community outdoor space as defined in the Program Guide and that upgrade the aesthetics of the space and/or create opportunities for community interaction and gathering.
How to Apply
- Read the program guide before beginning your application.
- Proceed to the correct application form.
- If this is your first time using our application form website, you will need to create an account. If you have previously created an account, use that one.
- Download the application guide and worksheet to help you through the application process.
- You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Project Planning and Design Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis until all program funds are committed.