Grants< Previous Grant 11 of 42 Next >
Climate Action Revenue Incentive Program (CARIP)Province of BC - Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development
The Climate Action Revenue Incentive Program (CARIP) is a conditional grant program that provides funding to BC Climate Action Charter (Charter) signatories equivalent to one hundred percent of the carbon taxes they pay directly. This funding supports local governments in their efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and move forward on achieving their Charter goals.Eligibilty Requirements
To be eligible for the conditional grant, local governments must:
- Sign on to the Charter, and by doing so commit to take actions and develop strategies to achieve the following three goals:
- being carbon neutral in their corporate operations by 2012;
- measure and report on their community GHG emissions profile; and,
- create complete, compact, energy efficient rural and urban communities;
- Complete and submit a signed electronic version of the 2014 Carbon Tax Calculation Form
- Report publicly on their plan and progress toward meeting their climate action goals, including progress toward carbon neutrality using the reports generated from the online Climate Actions Survey and Carbon Neutral Progress Reporting Survey.
Amount of Grant
Under the CARIP, each eligible local government will receive a grant equal to one hundred percent of the carbon tax paid as a direct expenditure.
For more detailed guidance on the program, including how to complete the Carbon Tax Calculation form, please see the CARIP Program Guide for 2014 Claims (PDF, 505KB). If you are unable to submit the forms by email, please call 250 387-4060.