Workplace Training for Innovation Pilot ProgramMinistry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training
The Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training has established a new program initiative, Workplace Training for Innovation Program, through the Strategic Training and Transition Fund. The program is designed to provide eligible employers with funding for employee training in order to:
- Improve productivity
- Support the introduction of new technology, machinery/equipment or work processes
- Enhance international competitiveness
- Introduce innovative training and workplace strategies to increase the long term competiveness of the organization and its workforce.
Both businesses and not-for-profit employers may be eligible to receive funding. Eligible employers must be:
- Small organizations (less than 50 employees)
- In good standing with the BC Corporate Registry
- In existence for one year or more
In addition, organizations must certify that they would not undertake the training without financial assistance from the Province. Complete eligibility criteria are contained in the application form and program guidelines.
The maximum funding available per employer is $5,000 and the maximum funding available per employee is $1,500.
Organizations may apply for funding by submitting a completed application for funding form to Chemistry Consulting Group Inc. at the address listed on the form. Faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
An application is not a guarantee of funding. Applications will be processed on a first-come/first-served basis, subject to availability of funding.
Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2011, subject to availability of funding.