TD Friends of the Environment Foundation GrantTD Friends of the Environment Foundation
Organizations eligible to receive funding:
- Registered Canadian charities with a Charitable Registration Number (CRN)
- Educational institutions (primary/secondary/post-secondary)
- Aboriginal groups
Projects eligible to receive funding:
The Foundation supports a wide range of environmental initiatives, with a primary focus on environmental education and green space programs.
Eligible projects include schoolyard greening, park revitalization, community gardens, park programming and citizen science initiatives. For a full list, please see the Common Questions.
Internal or external salaries or other people-costs where they make up more than 75% of the amount requested (includes web design, graphic design, writers, translation, labour, etc.,)
Expenses that we do NOT fund
- Capital costs or infrastructure (sheds, gazebos, solar panels etc.)
- Administrative or operating expenses
- Ornamental structures
- Land acquisition
- Expenses related to advocacy activities
- Projects occurring on private land
- Scholarships, grants or bursaries
- Awards and prizes
- Playground equipment
- Mileage, accommodation, meal costs or other travel expenses
- Expenses incurred prior to the application date
- Advertising expenses (print media, radio, online, etc.)
- Postage and shipping costs
- Venue or equipment rentals
- Projects taking place outside of Canada
- Research projects
When planning your project, please keep in mind that TD FEF has set deadlines and response times throughout the year. To ensure timely review of your application, please refer to the following schedule:
Submit your application for funding prior to the start of your project
Winter submission Summer submission
Submission deadline January 15, 2019 July 15, 2019
Regional advisory board meeting March 2019 September 2019
Applicants notified April 2019 October 2019
Once successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement.
Applicants must attach a budget to their application form. Download a budget template and submit along with your application.
New for 2019!
We now have an application form that is specific to school projects. If you are an elementary or secondary school (or equivalent), please apply below. Download a budget template and submit along with your application.
TD Friends of the Environment Foundation – BN/Registration Number: 133702845RR0001
Have a question about the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation?