Upcoming EventsEvent 1 of 25 Next >
10:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
Electrical Utility Hazard Awareness for Non-Electrical WorkersConstruction Industry Training Network
This 2-hour awareness course is meant for everyone working around high-voltage power lines, either overhead or underground.
Even with work is not directly related to utilities, it may also present utility hazards. Not being aware of the hazards and the potential risks present will pose serious threats to workers.
This includes workers in construction, paving, and maintenance, as well as arborists, and sign and banner installers.
- The basics of how electricity behaves
- An introduction to BC Hydro’s power system
- How to spot overhead and underground hazards
- How to plan your work and carry out your plan in a safe manner
- What to do if your equipment contacts a power line, if you encounter a downed power line, or if you need to escape from an energized area
- How to meet WorkSafeBC requirements for working near high-voltage lines