Upcoming Events< Previous Event 35 of 102 Next >
MATI - The Successful CAO: Local Government Advanced ManagementLocal Government Management Association and Capilano University
The Successful CAO: Local Government Advanced Management
February 15 - 20, 2018
Bowen Island, BC
Are you new to the job of CAO or thinking of taking on the challenge? Are you interested in how to plan for success and avoid some of the common pitfalls of the job? If so, then MATI The Successful CAO is for you!
The role of a local government CAO is becoming increasingly complex and challenging. This course, designed by a team of veteran local government CAOs and educators, was created to support you to be successful in the CAO role.
In this week long residential course you will…
- Work with a team of highly experienced CAOs;
- Build a network of senior and CAO colleagues;
- Develop a critical understanding of the role of CAO;
- Learn the first steps you can take when assuming the role of CAO and the next steps if you’re already in it;
- Analyse your organization and develop a strategy to match your situation;
- Apply new knowledge and skills to ethical challenges;
- Learn to work effectively with and support your Council or Board; and
- Take home skills and knowledge you can apply on your first day back at work!