BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Job ID J0923-1053
Organization: City of Port Moody
Job Title: Childcare Leader
Job Type: Auxiliary
Location: Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
Closing Date: October 2, 2023
The City of Port Moody is looking for energetic, self-motivated childcare providers to join the recreational team as an Auxiliary Childcare Leader. This position cares for children ranging from infant to 5 years of age while overseeing their safety and general well being. The position will conduct individual and group activities and learning activities in areas such as arts, crafts, music and free play; supervise children ages 0 - 5 years; maintain a clean, safe and orderly environment; and communicate with parents. This position may assist with other programs and duties related to the preschool and children’s area as required.
This is an auxiliary position working varied shifts Monday through Saturdays, between 8:30 and am and 1:30 pm.
- Grade 12 plus a minimum of six months of related experience working with children aged 0 - 5 years in a childcare environment
- Standard First Aid and CPR "C"
- Ability to apply sound judgment, discretion and sensitivity
- Ability to create a fun and safe environment for children
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience working in a recreation environment is an asset
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check and, where required, a satisfactory driver's abstract.
To apply click on the link below:
Click here to apply
Employment Length: Casual
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: 1 to less than 7 months
Rate: $22.92 Hour