BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Seasonal Labourers – Urban Forestry
Help us Grow!
The City of Kelowna, situated in the heart of the beautiful Okanagan valley, boasts a stunning setting and year-round recreational pursuits. Kelowna has over 200 city parks, all of which showcase why our city has won multiple “Community in Bloom” awards.
We are seeking flexible team-players with landscaping, horticultural, and/or arboriculture experience to join the Parks Urban Forestry team for the 2023 season.
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent
- BC Driver’s Licence Class 5
- Experience performing general labourer duties
- Experience in horticulture, turf grass management or arboriculture
- Excellent customer service, teamwork, and communication skills
- Assist city arborists with duties related to tree maintenance, tree planting and other urban forestry related duties.
- Dealing with the public, contractors, other City and event staff
- Duration: Approximately 6-8 months
- Schedule: Monday to Friday generally, occasional weekends when required
- Hours: 7:00am to 3:30pm (Spring & Fall) 6:00am to 2:30pm (Summer)
- Pay Rate: $29.10 per hour + 14% -17% in lieu of benefits, vacation and statutory holidays
These are CUPE bargaining unit positions. These temporary/term roles may lead to permanent employment with the City of Kelowna. Please Note: A clear Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract will be required.
We’re looking for innovative and collaborative people with a desire to serve Kelowna and its citizens. Our diverse and dynamic team strives to innovate to make things better, work as one team, serve proudly and lead responsibly.
For further information or to apply, please check our website at www.kelowna.ca/careers
Open Until Filled
The City of Kelowna has a COVID vaccination policy that requires all staff to be fully vaccinated
as a condition of hire and ongoing employment.
Due to the anticipated volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
Employment Length: Seasonal
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: Experience an asset
Rate: $29.10 Hour