BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Stz’uminus First Nation
Public Works and Capital Projects Coordinator
The Stz’uminus First Nation seeks a full-time permanent Public Works and Capital Projects Coordinator.
Salary Range: $45,000 to $75,000 annually
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Public Works & Capital Projects Coordinator is responsible for the Public Works Department and Capital Projects. Public Works consists of water and sewer, sanitation, and road functions.
- Assume supervisory responsibility for all Public Works Department services and activities, including road maintenance, building maintenance, water and sewer services, and property under the authority of the Stz’uminus First Nation (SFN).
- Direct the development and implementation of all Public Works Department goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for each assigned service area.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures and allocate resources accordingly.
- Train, supervise, motivate, and evaluate personnel; coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures in keeping with established policies.
- Assess and monitor SFN infrastructure to provide adequate levels of public service both for existing systems and extensions and developments.
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the Public Works budget.
- Seek out funding opportunities through various federal, provincial, and other agencies that support SFN Public Works initiatives. Apply or have applied for, administer and account for all such programs in a timely and professional manner.
- Oversee the administration of all Public Works documentation and records required for these departments' efficient and safe operation.
- Prepare reports, including recommendations to the Senior Community Manager. Present staff reports as required.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations.
- Provide support to other committees, management, and staff as required and prepare, review, and recommend quotes and tenders for various projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of experience in public works, construction, or related field, including 2 years of administrative and supervisory experience.
- Equivalent of a technical diploma or higher or a related field and must have a valid BC drivers’ licence.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Operator Certification courses in Water Distribution, Water Treatment, and Wastewater collection preferred.
- Must be culturally sensitive and should have a sound understanding of First Nation traditions and cultures.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations of the Public Works Department and have computer literacy.
- Work with consultants, contractors, and other service providers professionally and knowledgeably.
- As a condition of employment, must undertake a Criminal Record Check and must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Interested and qualified applicants can submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail by the closing date of Wednesday, January 4, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. (PST) to [email protected]
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Job Experience: 5 years or more
Rate: $45,000.00 to $75,000.00 Year