BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Senior Revenue Analyst
Finance & technology – Financial Services
Status Regular Full time
Hours of Work 70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay $43.80 to $49.65 per hour (2021 rates)
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on June 13, 2022, and the posting will remain open until filled.
The Senior Revenue Analyst manages and leads the ongoing operation and support of revenue, accounts receivable and collections activity. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Finance, the Senior Revenue Analyst includes supervision of CRD print shop operations, including related staff. This position works in partnership with CRD internal clients regarding their revenue process requirements, providing expertise, direction, advice and support, leading to the effective and efficient use of technology to sustain and improve related systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- enterprise system. terminals. revenue processes and applications to ensure alignment with regulatory, policy and corporate requirements. revenue processes and practices, recommending adjustments, improvements and enhancements and developing business cases to support those recommendations.
- Develops, delivers and updates training and education to staff regarding revenue collection systems, regulations, protocols and policies.
- Remains current regarding technologies, systems, equipment and procedures, determining their feasibility, compatibility, benefits and implications and making appropriate recommendations regarding their application.
- Provides supervision and training, guidance and direction to the CRD Print Shop staff to ensure efficient systems and procedures are developed and maintained including billing customers, cost recovery, administering budget and setting rates.
- Works in close collaboration with internal clients to ensure standards are maintained, and policies and procedures are revised or updated in order to remain current and relevant. business process needs.
- Co-ordinates the annual review and update of the Authenticated Parcel Tax rolls for the Parcel Tax Review Panel and submission to the Surveyor of Taxes.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree in a related discipline such as Business or Accounting plus 6 years of progressively more responsible work experience, including 2 years’ supervisory experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current membership in a professional accounting society, institute or association
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel skills including the ability to work with large amounts of data/create pivot tables, and develop financial modelling.
- Strong systems experience (ability to work with large financial systems, generate reports, analyse data etc.)
- Experience working with an ERP system, such as SAP, including experience with financial modules
- Demonstrated attention to detail with a commitment to data accuracy and integrity and the ability to produce high quality and accurate work product
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative, personal accountability and be a self-starter
- Ability to maintain professionalism, objectivity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy in all situations
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial, accounting and related business process including developing financial policy and procedures, analysis procedures & best practices
- Demonstrated analytical experience with financial software applications, including enterprise accounting system, and related business processes
- Experience with revenue collection, accounts receivable, cash processing and/or accounting functions in a large and complex environment, including computerized accounting
- Problem solving and issue resolution skills demonstrated in a complex business environment
- Ability to use independent judgement and discretion, determine priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to interpret regulations, by-laws, contracts and procedures of a diverse nature
- Ability to train and provide clarification to non-technical customer.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence
To keep our employees, customers and the communities we serve safe, the CRD has introduced an employee vaccination policy intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. As such, the CRD requires verification of your COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”. To learn more about working with us, visit our website.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 5 years or more
Rate: $43.80 to $49.65 Hour