BC Local Government Job Posting Service
District of Peachland
The District of Peachland, a vibrant and growing community of approximately 5,800 located on the shores of Okanagan Lake between Kelowna and Penticton, is currently recruiting for a permanent fulltime Planner I Position.
Reporting to the Manager of Planning, this position is responsible for reviewing technical reports for compliance, responding to land use inquiries, managing licensing programs, processing technical development and variance permits, reviewing and amending land use bylaws and supporting administrative processes in the Planning and Development services Department.
Key Job Duties / Functions
- Receive, review and manage various permit and licensing applications and processes
- Review technical reports for bylaw compliance, compile information and prepare Council Reports
- Review and evaluate land development applications, and coordinate approvals with other departments and government agencies
- Coordinate licensing programs: maintain databases, coordinate annual billings, ensure compliance with licensing agreement provisions
- Receive, review, administer, and process various land use referrals and development applications (e.g., rezoning, subdivision, development permit and development variance permit)
- Review technical reports for bylaw compliance, compile information and prepare draft Council Reports for consideration and presentation by the Director
- Research and assist in planning and development services related projects as assigned
- Conduct site visits to assess development conditions
- Respond to counter, email, and telephone inquiries, provide and interpret GIS information
- Prepare public hearing notices and other public notification letters
- Register documents and notices with the BC Land Title and Survey Authority
- Act as the primary contact and file manager pertaining to the management of development application processing
- Perform the duties of a Bylaw Dispute Screening Officer in accordance with the Bylaw Notice Enforcement Bylaw including bylaw adjudication reports.
- University degree in applied urban, regional, or rural planning (or related discipline)
- Accredited courses in Geographic Information Systems or equivalent GIS experience
- Two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
This is a CUPE Local 608 Position with a benefits package and pay rate of $39.69 per hour. Please submit application indicating “Planner I” by 4:00 PM, July 8, 2022.
To: Jennifer Sawatzky, Director of Corporate Services
5806 Beach Avenue
Peachland, BC V0H 1X7
Email: [email protected]
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
Rate: $39.69 Hour