BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Systems Analyst 3
The Surrey Police Service (“SPS”) is bringing an era of modern and progressive policing to Surrey. We are a community-based policing service that is at the forefront of public safety. We are committed to meeting our city’s unique priorities and building a team that reflects the diverse and inclusive communities we serve. Help us build a new community-responsive police service that will support one of the fastest growing and diverse cities in Canada.
We are currently seeking a Systems Analyst 3 to join our team. Under general direction, the incumbent maintains the integrity of the enterprise systems including but not limited to server, storage, and infrastructure applications.
- All aspects of administering users in an M365, Azure, and on-prem environment. Perform programming activities.
- Design information systems to meet users’ needs and are consistent with the design of the SPS's IT architecture.
- Prepare flow charts, models, and procedures and conducts feasibility studies to design possible system solutions, estimate the costs of system solutions, and prepare project plans to input into prioritizing projects and allocating IT resources.
- Work with users, other IT staff, and vendors to implement new systems and/or determine the cause of, and correct, system malfunctions in existing systems. Schedule installations and upgrades for all server, storage, and infrastructure applications and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies/procedures.
- Document user requirements, formulate logical statements of problems, devise solutions through IT or other means, develop costs/benefits and submit recommendations for approval.
- May supervise work of team members and resolves complex issues escalated by junior analysts.
- Degree in a related field from a recognized institution, plus four years related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A deep level of knowledge and understanding of all aspects of administration and maintenance of an Enterprise level VMware infrastructure and the VM’s in it.
- Strong experience with using Microsoft SCCM to administer, update, create and monitor VM’s in a VMware infrastructure.
- Strong experience administering and updating VM’s hosted in Microsoft Azure environment.
- Strong experience with all aspects of administering users in an M365 environment.
- Experience with Cisco UCS and Netapp products is preferred and will be beneficial. Knowledge of IT infrastructure as a whole.
- The Systems Analyst 3 will have highly effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Critical thinking, trouble shooting, and finding solutions to issues is key for success in this role.
- The incumbent will be able to work well with a team environment and be able to work under pressure on tight deadlines on high-priority items.
- Extensive experience (10+ years) as a Systems Analyst and experience in a senior-level role is considered a strong asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful Applicants must obtain and maintain the required level of Security Clearance.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
To view and apply please visit our website at www.surreypolice.ca/careers
This posting closes July 7, 2021
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 5 years or more