BC Local Government Job Posting Service
District of Tumbler Ridge
Deputy Corporate Officer
Term Position (6 – 8 months)
The District of Tumbler Ridge is seeking a Deputy Corporate Officer. This is a temporary, full-time position, for a maternity leave replacement (6 – 8 months). The District of Tumbler Ridge is a friendly and welcoming community and home to the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark. Tumbler Ridge is an active community with great indoor/outdoor recreation facilities and trails.
The Deputy Corporate Officer is an excellent position for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual. The Deputy Corporate Officer will assist the Director of Corporate Services in overseeing the District’s legislative requirements including the preparation of Council meeting agendas, minutes and Council reports and providing administrative support to Council and its Committees. The Deputy Corporate Officer will provide relief in the absence of the Corporate Officer. The Deputy Corporate Officer will participate in research for the completion of bylaws, policies and other legislative documents.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum two years of work experience in a local government setting
- Diploma in public administration or related post-secondary education
- Knowledge and experience with the relevant Acts and Regulations
- Knowledge and experience with agenda preparation software, such as ICompass
- Proficiency with MS Office programs
- A proven ability to undertake research, communicate effectively and manage frequent and competing deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and energetic approach to work
A detailed job description can be found in the “Employment Opportunities” section of the District’s website at www.districtoftumblerridge.ca.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive compensation package, the opportunity to work with dedicated employees, and the lifestyle of a lovely small community in BC. Qualified candidates are encourage to submit a letter of interest, detailed resume and references by 4:00 p.m. on May 26, 2021 vial mail, email or fax to:
HR Coordinator District of Tumbler Ridge
P.O. Box 100 Tumbler Ridge, BC V0C 2W0
Fax: (250) 242-3993
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Job Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years