BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Client Services Assistant
(Full Time, Temporary)*
Competition No. 2021-22
$32.92 /hr (CUPE Local 358)
The Municipality of North Cowichan (population 30,000) is located in the beautiful Cowichan Valley on Southern Vancouver Island, between Nanaimo and Victoria. Our communities of Chemainus, Crofton, Maple Bay and the South End, including University Village, are home to a multitude of artistic, cultural and outdoor recreational activities. The Municipality provides a stable and varied work environment, competitive pay and benefits.
We are inviting applications from candidates with the proven skills, qualifications and abilities for the position of Client Services Assistant on a full-time, temporary basis for approximately twenty (20) months. If you are self-motivated, looking to take on a new challenge where you can make a difference, enjoy both responsibility and accountability, and are ready to join one of British Columbia’s most inclusive and environmentally conscious municipalities, we look forward to receiving your application!
Reporting to the Manager, Technical and Client Services, this entry level Information Technology position provides assistance to the Technical and Client Services team in supporting Municipal staff’s use of information technology. You are personable and empathetic in your interactions with clients, are customer service focused, and have strong technical troubleshooting and prioritization skills. You will be responsible for providing technical assistance during Council and Committee meetings, operating audiovisual equipment, operating web conferencing software (e.g. Webex) and interacting live with Mayor and Council if required. You will also assist the department in administrative duties such as acting as first point of contact with clients, monitoring and assigning help desk requests, obtaining quotes from vendors, creating purchase orders, and managing IT inventory including assisting with the configuration and installation of software and hardware, developing end user documentation, and assisting in training delivery. You may be required to perform some of the duties of a Client Support Specialist or Client Services Coordinator from time to time.
On-the-job training and access to online training resources will be provided to allow you to grow into this role. Hours of work for this position may include evening and weekend work, and travel within the Cowichan Valley will be required. Deployment to other duties may be required from time to time.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Abilities:
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Completion of a one (1) year certificate in Applied Information Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution, or one year relevant experience, or completion of recognized industry credentials (e.g. A+ or HDI Customer Service Representative).
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License; a satisfactory current driver's abstract will be required.
- Experience in customer-centric service, managing customer relationships, relating to customer requirements and providing ongoing communications.
- Experience in writing clear, concise user documentation and effectively communicating with users of computer technology.
- Strong competencies and experience in technical troubleshooting.
- Ability to manage time effectively when faced with multiple requests for competing priorities.
- The position may be physically demanding; candidate must be able to successfully perform all duties associated with the position. A medical certificate attesting to suitability for this position may be required.
This is a unionized position (CUPE Local 358) and the collective agreement may be viewed on our website. Candidates being considered will be required to undergo a comprehensive evaluation of skills, qualifications, and abilities. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a police information check.
Visit the Municipality of North Cowichan Career Portal at www.northcowichan.ca/jobs to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
4:30 p.m. Monday, April 26, 2021
*This position is subject to Council approval of the 2021-2025 Financial Plan Bylaw in April 2021.
Employment Length: Temporary
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: Experience an asset
Rate: $32.92 Hour