BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
IT Architect 2
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
As an Information Technology Architect, you will work independently or with only the most general of direction within a team environment. While defining architectures for corporate applications, products and services supported by IT, you will help shape corporate IT direction by architecting solutions that are secure, innovative, highly available, and reliable.
Union - CUPE Local 402 – Term (Up to 2 years)
- You will work with IT Staff, vendors, manufacturers, analysts and other stakeholders to determine the application and technology strategies, dependencies, directions, standards, road maps, and champion the adoption and maintenance of these within the City.
- You will act as a consultant to all areas of the City and provide direction as well as strategic and detailed advice on technical solutions and business methods and processes.
- You will lead small teams on complex projects and organize and plan work assignments while ensuring objectives and deadlines are met on the rollout of enterprise-level applications.
- You will determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct business reviews, document current systems, and provide recommendations on how to proceed with applications.
- Degree in a related field from a recognized institution plus four years related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of architecture frameworks and technology; cyber security; and architecture domains.
- As a leader on the team you will be able to demonstrate a high ability to work in a team environment; provide clear direction to the team; provide coaching and mentoring of more junior staff.
- You are able to deliver results and have strong ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- You are able to connect the dots from operational needs to the strategic priorities of the organization, while anticipating and planning for future needs.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and able to exercise a high degree of judgement on complex issues.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers by March 15, 2021.
Employment Length: Temporary
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years