BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Engineering Plan Reviewer (Engineering Assistant 2)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, the City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward.
We are looking to add an Engineering Plan Reviewer to our team of passionate, knowledgeable, and innovative engineering professionals. This person will play a key role in reviewing the site-servicing designs for a variety of projects to confirm compliance with the City’s Engineering requirements. If you are interested in a career that offers challenge and opportunities, we encourage you to keep reading.
This is an intermediate technical and administrative position within the Land Development Division of the Engineering Department. The successful candidate will perform moderately complex technical work to review on-site servicing designs and process and issue related Permits for Commercial, Mixed-use, Industrial, Institutional, and Multi-family residential projects. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of small to large projects, in collaboration with both internal staff and external organizations.
- Review on-site servicing designs, prepared by the applicant’s Engineer, to confirm compliance with City’s Engineering requirements.
- Process and issue Permits necessary to support construction of on-site works. Types of Permits routinely issued include the Shoring and Hoarding Permit, Service Connection Permit, Driveway Access Permit, and Truck Staging Permit.
- Review and respond to enquiries from Developers and Contractors who are looking to build in Surrey.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal staff from the Building, Operations and Land Development divisions.
- Completion of a two-year diploma in a related field of Engineering Technology relevant to the position. OR
- Completion of a one-year certificate in a related field of Engineering Technology supplemented with relevant work experience with a demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and ability or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Applicants must possess a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License.
- Exceptional organizational and time/project-management skills which will aid you in reviewing and responding to multiple applications.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills working within a team-based environment.
- Practical thinker with the ability to efficiently resolve technical and administrative issues.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Job Experience: Experience an asset