BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Business Process Analyst
Requisition ID: 24919
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Business Process Analyst (BPA) provides senior management with objective and comprehensive business and process analysis of the City’s processes, systems, and resourcing. The BPA provides recommendations based on comprehensive analysis performed with a view to continuously improve business operations using Lean Six Sigma principles; and help sponsors, process owners, and end users implement lean initiatives. Recommendations made by this position result in changes in methods, processes, resources, and procedures that may impact operational areas as well as staffing workloads, working conditions, and changes in positions or staffing levels.
The work plan for this position will be focused on the advancement of the Real Estate and Facility Management Department’s Facility Preventative Maintenance Planning Value Stream project prioritized action list that includes but is not limited to data management, work flow management and work prioritization improvement initiatives.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads, consult and participate in business process reviews of City Business Units, including provision of recommendations for opportunities for improvement
- Lead Lean Six Sigma projects, including facilitating Kaizen events and Rapid Improvement events, conduct value stream mapping and identifies relevant KPIs,
- Develop future state recommendations and build implementation plans for optimizing business processes and value streams
- The value streams and processes that the role will be working on will be cross functional in nature and require the candidate to engage a number of business units and departments
- Collect and analyze data to complete a current state analysis and optimize solutions
- Identify implications and make recommendations for changes in processes and procedures that may impact on operational areas as well as staffing workloads, working conditions, and changes to positions or staffing levels.
- Prepares and conducts presentations to, and/or facilitates decision-making for Department Management teams, Division/Branch Heads, Project Steering Committees, and Business Unit Managers.
- Teach, mentor and support the project application of Green Belt candidates
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- A related bachelor’s degree (i.e. Commerce, Business/Public Administration, Public Policy or Economics).
- A minimum of five years of proven experience in process documentation, business process reviews, and reengineering techniques.
- Training, experience and knowledge in quality improvement tools, techniques and methodologies such as Lean and/or Six Sigma.
- A minimum of five years’ experience at management level within the public sector or a similarly large multi-stakeholder organization.
- Management experience to effectively lead a business consulting team.
- Demonstrated experience implementing a business process re-engineering change.
- Lean Six Sigma and/or Business Analyst certification (IIBA) certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of business practices in effect at other local and more senior governments, and in private industry.
- A thorough understanding of organization theory and design.
- High degree of analysis using professional thinking.
- Superior research and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and presentation skills, across all levels of the organization.
- The ability to think innovatively, solve complex problems and present solutions in clear and compelling terms.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to manage change and assist people with adapting to change.
- Ability to analyze and anticipate implications of system changes on work processes and procedures.
- Ability to solve complex problems and build relationships.
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships at all level of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, large workloads and multi-task effectively.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications.
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Supply Chain Management (1150)
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: March, 2021
Position End Date: August, 2022
Application Close: January 27, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Employment Length: Temporary
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 5 years or more