BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Be a part of something great!
Job ID (20-U079)
Web Site: tol.ca
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Clerk IV to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division, Business Support Department. Reporting to the Manager, Business Support, in this unionized position the successful candidate will be responsible for acting as a confidential assistant to the General Manager, Engineering and Community Development. The work performed is advanced, complex and varied clerical matters involving continuous planning, control and coordination.
- Provide administrative support to the General Manager, including tasks of a sensitive and confidential matter, preparation of reports, agendas, meeting minutes and the coordination of appointments/meetings
- Assign tasks, review the work of clerical staff and provide departmental training and guidance as required
- Explain and interpret rules, regulations and policies to internal and external contacts
- Assist in the preparation and review of capital and operating budgets, assemble and review data for budget adjustments, service enhancements and expenditures as required
- Perform other related work as assigned
- Completion of Grade 12 is preferable, including or supplemented by elementary accounting and commercial courses. Considerable related experience, preferable as a Clerk III, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable department rules, regulations, and procedures and of modern business office practices and procedures
- Ability to prepare and check reports, maintain complex records and deal effectively with both internal and external contacts
- Ability to assign, review, and direct the work or staff engaged in clerical and related duties
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 – 35.68 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: August 11, 2020
External closing date for this competition: August 14, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.