BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Customer Relations RepresentativeRequisition #20
At the City of Kamloops, we are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for permanent, on-call Customer Relations Representatives at the City of Kamloops! If you have experience in a fast-paced customer service environment and are flexible, reliable and motivated we would love to hear from you. Customer Relations Representatives work at various recreation and culture venues within Kamloops including the Tournament Capital Centre, Westsyde Pool & Fitness Centre and the Kamloops Museum & Archives.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Greets customers and accepts program registration information or cash / membership cards for facility access.
- Receives payment (cash, credit, debit, etc) for a variety of membership products and class fees.
- Sells items including but not limited to towels, goggles, swim caps, promotional items, diapers, etc.
- Accountable for cash as incumbents must cash in / cash out daily and ensure cash balances.
- Answers inquiries from the public regarding recreation programs, activities and events, operating hours, etc
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Proficient in basic Word and basic Excel as demonstrated through testing. 60% pass rate required.
- Minimum three months’ previous clerical and receptionist experience.
- Minimum three months’ previous customer service and cash-handling experience
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
Refer to Article 19(g)(i) in the City of Kamloops/CUPE 900 Collective Agreement regarding Benefit Allowance for part time and temporary employees.
Note that more than one may be hired.
City of Kamloops -> Community and Protective Services -> Recreation, Social Development & Culture
Hours & Days of Work
Various days and hours of work
Hours per Week
Business Operations and Events Supervisor
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
Location: Kamloops, BC
Region: Thompson / Shuswap / Columbia
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Customer Services
Posted: October 9, 2019, 3:22 pm
Expires: October 18, 2019, 4:30 pm