BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Early Childhood Educator Lead - Nature Preschool
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The City of Surrey provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment and is looking for an enthusiastic Early Childhood Educator Lead for our Nature Preschool program. This position is best suited to creative, self-motivated individuals who enjoy working outdoors in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The City of Surrey follows a responsive curriculum and is committed to ensuring that every child in our program has a positive and safe experience. This position requires the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and is an auxiliary position with non-standard hours.
- Working with families to provide a creative, enriched, play-based learning environment;
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining a stimulating, place-based learning environment that encourages all areas of child development, including self-esteem, environmental literacy, creative problem solving, collaboration, and emergent literacy and numeracy;
- Responsible for the implementation of non-licensed Nature Preschool that will run completely outdoors in a city park
- A valid License to Practice – Early Childhood Educator (ECE) and hold an Early Childhood Educator Certificate;
- Experience teaching in an outdoor setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- The ability to be culturally sensitive, collaborative, resourceful and knowledgeable of community services in Surrey;
- Experience with a responsive philosophy;
- Have basic computer skills;
- A current first aid certificate and will be required to go through a Ministry and City police information check.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: August 13, 2019, 2:49 pm
Expires: September 2, 2019, 4:30 pm