BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Child Program Instructor – Early Years Leader (Contract)Job ID #19052C
North Vancouver Recreation & Culture is looking for Child Program Instructors to lead and assist in the delivery of a variety of children’s programs. Multiple opportunities to join our dynamic team are available for energetic and highly-motivated individuals with experience in leading and planning recreation programs as well as entry level instructors with a passion for recreation, working with children and who have a positive attitude, strong communication skills and excellent organizational abilities.
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Preparing and leading a wide variety of age-appropriate activities for school age children (arts and crafts, active games and sports, assisting with homework and supervised outdoor play)
- Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities
- Maintaining regular communication with children, school staff, parents, other leaders, facility staff and volunteers
- Safely escorting the children from a local school to the community recreation center
- Ensuring children are safe and engaged while promoting a positive, healthy environment
- Attending scheduled team meetings and mandatory training
- Ability to exercise good judgement, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work effectively with children, school and facility staff, parents, and volunteers
- Ability to implement policies and procedures, as well as to supervise, coach and mentor other leaders and volunteers
- Ability to lead programs in off-site locations and to safely supervise children while taking transit for special outings
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution skills and problem solving skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Courses, or certification in leadership, early childhood education, recreation or child and youth care; or a combination of some related instructional experience working with school aged children in a recreational environment is preferred. Standard First Aid and CPR-C as well as High Five certification are also required.
Programs are scheduled on various days of the week between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm. Shift lengths and schedules vary but are generally approximately 2 or more hours in length.
All North Vancouver Recreation & Culture employees should be prepared to work at any Recreation & Culture location. All candidates are required to submit a Police Information Check as a requirement of the position prior to any appointment. Clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
Based on training and experience, plus 4% in lieu of benefits
Open Until Filled
With Resume and Cover letter at www.nvrc.ca/employment Job ID #19052C
We thank you for your interest in employment with North Vancouver Recreation and Culture and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Program Management/Services
Posted: August 13, 2019, 2:44 pm
Expires: September 13, 2019, 4:30 pm