BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Mackenzie County is currently inviting applications for a Finance Clerk. This position is located in the Fort Vermilion Office and is a full-time position with a 36.25 hour work week (7.25 hours per day) Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the successful applicant will have primary responsibilities in a core area, but may be tasked a variety of accounting functions in the finance department, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, utility billings, property taxation, and general ledger maintenance, financial report preparation and special projects.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Maintaining various electronic databases or information schedules;
- Processing transactions within the accounting system;
- Reviewing and entering data in the accounting system;
- Verifying and resolving discrepancies in customer accounts by communicating with internal departments to clarify details and take corrective actions;
- Reconciling various ledgers, including any necessary correcting entries;
- Performing various month-end and year end procedures;
- Providing assistance to the public or internal staff in respect to enquiries and questions relating to account information.
Requirements for this position are:
- Completion of Grade 12;
- Preference will be given to those with post-secondary training in Office or Business Administration or commitment to obtain or an equivalent combinations of training and experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Superior organizational and attention to detail skills;
- Excellent oral and written skills;
- Interact with ratepayers, internal and external contacts in a professional manner;
- Evidence of successfully passing a police Criminal Record Check;
- Working Experience with an electronic accounting system (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, Muniware, etc.) would be an asset.
Salary: $53,886/annum – $75,778/annum
Mackenzie County offers a comprehensive benefit package. Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward all resumes and applications to:
Louise Flooren, Human Resources Coordinator
Box 640, Fort Vermilion, AB T0H 1N0
Location: Fort Vermilion, AB
Region: Athabasca / Grande Prairie
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: July 18, 2019, 4:05 pm
Expires: August 30, 2019, 4:30 pm