BC Local Government Job Posting Service
School District No. 68 (Nanaimo-Ladysmith)
Manager of Operations - Afternoon Shift
We are looking for a passionate leader to join our Facilities team as Operations Manager -Afternoon Shift, in our Operations Department. This position comes with the opportunity for advancement to Daytime Operations Manager.
Working as part of a dynamic team, you will:
- Manage afternoon operations working closely with the Daytime Manager - team lead.
- Able to perform all aspects of management, up to and including full replacement of Daytime Operations Manager, as needed.
- Manage the scheduling, and supervision of all custodial activities and staff including budgets and planning.
- Manage the day to day operations pertaining to custodial services and security of all buildings. This encompasses a team of over 80 staff in 40 sites from Ladysmith to Lantzville.
- Make decisions about department priority and advise the Daytime Manager of any issues requiring urgent action.
- Respond to after hours inquiries from parents, user groups and local agencies.
- Manage the various contracts, cleaning programs and preventative maintenance.
- Manage the budget to ensure the department meets district goals.
You possess the equivalent combination of skills, education and related industry experience to meet the responsibilities of the role, including, but not limited to:
- Minimum two-year Diploma in Business Management or related field, from an accredited Post Secondary Institution.
- Minimum 5 years recent experience in the building services field in a multi-site, unionized setting.
- In-depth knowledge of current custodial and security practices and procedures.
- Ability to manage set priorities, work independently, perform duties with speed and accuracy, work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Proven leadership skills and a team approach to managing in a changing organizational environment.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive issues with a high degree of diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Demonstrated ability to use various software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License.
This excluded, full-time permanent position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested and qualified applicants may submit their application complete with resume and supporting documents electronically through:
http://bit.ly/2SeGjoP by August 19, 2019
Please create a profile, upload your documents and the click "apply" to the posting.
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Janitorial/Custodial Services,Facilities Maintenance,Facilities Management/Development
Posted: July 11, 2019, 3:07 pm
Expires: August 19, 2019, 4:30 pm