BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Administrative Coordinator – Surrey Fire Service 2019
The Surrey Fire Service is one of the most progressive leaders in public safety in Canada. This Part Time Exempt position will be reporting to the Fire Chief. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support on a wide range of complex tasks and assignments. The administrative duties include handling confidential and sensitive information for internal and external clients and all levels of government. This is a dynamic and fast paced challenging work environment.
Your responsibilities will include providing support to the Executive Assistant, reviewing, editing and coordinating corporate reports for Council, schedule and calendar management, arranging meetings, preparing letters, agendas, minute taking and other related correspondence, travel arrangements, special projects and research and support the department senior administration team. You will be expected to work independently and as a team player, exhibiting sound judgement when problem solving. This job requires extreme tact and discretion in handling restricted and highly confidential information. The role responds to a wide range of inquiries (written, telephone and in person) from key stakeholders, and maintains effective relationships with the general public, community organizations, Council, City staff, government agencies and performs other related duties as directed by the Fire Chief.
To be considered you will possess:
- Graduation from High school and a minimum 2-year diploma/certificate from a recognized educational institution or an equivalent combination of directly related education, training and experience will be considered.
- Significant experience with Microsoft office software suite, PowerPoint and SharePoint intranet software. Awareness with data base driven software and web content is considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 or more years relevant work experience, preferably in municipal government operations, as an administrative co-ordinator is required.
- Highly developed organizational and administrative skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment is considered a strong asset.
- Experience in public relations is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A diploma or Degree in Business Administration or other related education is considered an asset.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: July 11, 2019, 3:05 pm
Expires: August 2, 2019, 4:30 pm