BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Forensic Video Technician
Regular Full TimeThe City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
We are currently seeking a regular full-time Forensic Video Technician to join the Civilian Police Services team. This job will perform technical work in the utilization of video technology and techniques to identify suspects. The position reviews, performs technical analyses and processes a variety of video evidence for investigation and court purposes. The video analysis work requires considerable concentration and attention to detail. Some independent judgment and action is exercised in the technical aspects of the work, while problems and unfamiliar situations are discussed with a functional expert or a supervisor and/or manager who also assign work priorities.
The job requirements include:
- Sound knowledge of forensic imaging and video conversion techniques, practices, procedures and equipment related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of the rules, regulations and policies governing section activities.
- Sound knowledge of modern office methods and procedures including the operation of applicable computer equipment, software and applications.
- Ability to review, perform technical level analysis, enhancement, editing, recovery, still image capture, conversion and concealment of a wide variety of video evidence.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to provide testimony in court in relation to the work performed.
- Ability to prepare videos and images for disclosure and presentation and to prepare and maintain documentation and files related to the work.
- Ability to act as a resource and provide guidance regarding technical level forensic video analysis and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees and representatives of other law enforcement agencies.
- The ability to handle exposure to graphic material, violence, and death.
- Completion of a diploma program in a related field supplemented by specific technical courses related to the work plus some related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
In addition to a CUPE hourly rate of $32.25 to $37.97 (2019 rates) and a competitive benefits package, you can anticipate a lively, fast-paced environment plus opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Anticipated hours of work are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday to Friday but could require evening and weekend work.
Please apply online by 5 p.m. July 28, 2019 at coquitlam.ca/jobs
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Police Services
Posted: July 11, 2019, 2:59 pm
Expires: July 28, 2019, 5:00 pm