BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Adapted Skating Instructor
at the City of SurreyBuild a City. Build a FutureCity of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward.
The City of Surrey recreation centers are looking for individuals who are motivated, outgoing, energetic and have exceptional communication skills to join our team as an Adapted Sport Instructor. Each instructor will teach fundamental skills as well as the rules of the game in a fun and safe environment. This position can require working evenings and/or weekends.
- Create and implement appropriate activities for participants of all abilities.
- Teach fundamental skills along with rules of the game in a fun and safe environment.
- Ensure general program readiness, including equipment, lesson plans and attendance lists.
- Communicate effectively with parents, caregivers and participants on objectives, expectations and rules.
- Emergency First Aid with CPR C and AED.
- A strong background in sports.
- Engaging, enthusiastic and positive energy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Coaching/Instructing/leadership experience.
- Background knowledge of physical literacy (asset).
- Class 4 driver’s license (asset).
- NCCP accreditation (asset).
- High Five certification (asset).
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities (asset).
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca to Job ID 2816 Posting will remain open until March 24, 2019.