BC Local Government Job Posting Service
With a moderate climate, spectacular scenery and year-round recreational offerings at our doorstep, the City of Campbell River is the ideal location to live, work, and play.
Foreman II - Wastewater
The City of Campbell River is seeking a full-time Foreman II.
As part of the Wastewater team and reporting to the Wastewater Supervisor, you will be responsible for planning and implementing assigned daily tasks, and for assigning and supervising the work of operators, labourers, and various contractors performing work for the City’s wastewater treatment and collections infrastructure.
To complement your Diploma in wastewater related studies; or relevant Trades certification; or equivalent education, training and experience, you shall also have:
- Level 2 EOCP certification in Municipal Wastewater Treatment with eligibility to gain Level 3 within 6 months;
- Level 1 EOCP certification in Wastewater Collections with eligibility to gain Level 2 within 1 year;
- Minimum 3 years supervisory/leadership in wastewater discipline;
- Minimum 4 years progressive experience in a wastewater operations role for a Class II or higher facility;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project management.
The current (2018) hourly rate of pay for this CUPE bargaining unit position is $38.16 working 40 hours per week.
For a detailed job description that lists all the necessary qualifications for this position, please visit the “Employment Opportunities” section of our website at www.campbellriver.ca
This posting closes at 4:30 pm on Friday, April 5, 2019.
Please send your resume with covering letter, quoting Competition EXT-19-16 to:
Human Resources Department, City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann's Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
Fax: (250) 286-5760
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed
for interviews will be contacted.