BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Clerk-Typist 2Temporary Full-Time – 3 months (35 hours per week)
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Financial Services Department seeks an individual with outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills to join their team of Customer Service representatives on a Temporary Full-time basis commencing at the end of May to the end of August. Reporting to the Manager, Revenue Services, you will provide a variety of clerical support services including receiving, recording and processing payments for a variety of City accounts (property taxes, utility bills, parking tickets, etc), operating the central switchboard, and providing general reception and administrative support. You will be responsible for providing customer service in a professional and courteous manner, including answering questions regarding property taxes, utility bills and parking tickets as well as dealing with upset or angry customers and handling customer complaints with a considerable amount of judgement to mitigate escalation of issues to senior levels of the organization.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in office administration plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficiency with standard office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Office and database programs. Experience with Vadim and Tempest considered an asset.
- Speed and accuracy with keyboarding (minimum 50 words per minute).
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and arithmetic.
- Ability to perform basic accounting, cashiering and clerical duties with accuracy and detail and in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of the organization of the City, the general functions of its departments and the nature of the services provided.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external clients including the public, staff and elected officials in providing information and assistance.
- Ability to prepare and maintain files, records, reports and related material.
- Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies.
The hourly wage for this position is $23.44 – 27.45 per hour with comprehensive benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this position and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply.
Application Deadline: 4:30 PM, Thursday, April 4, 2019
Submit your application: www.whiterockcity.ca/Jobs
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted
Location: White Rock, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: March 14, 2019, 12:45 pm
Expires: April 4, 2019, 4:30 pm