BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Millwright - Pumps & Controls
The City of Surrey’s Engineering Department has a regular full time opportunity for a Millwright in the Pumps and Controls Section. The Engineering Department is a fast paced environment serving a rapidly growing city of over 575,000 residents. This is an excellent opportunity where you are able to gain valuable experience in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman in Pumps & Controls of our Engineering Department, your duties include but not limited to install, assemble, maintain and troubleshoot all mechanical equipment relevant to water, drainage and sanitary pump stations. Equipment may include pumps, valves, machinery, gearboxes and piping. Knowledge and operation of crane lifting methods. You may also be required to drive a City vehicle to and from job sites and perform heavy manual outdoor work in all types of weather conditions. Strong work ethic with focus on working safety is required.
You will be responsible for:
- dismantling, moving, assembling and installing a variety of pumps, machinery and equipment
- some civil work may be required
- vibration, thermography and infrared analysis
- troubleshooting and investigating failures and malfunctions
- assisting other employees in performing their duties
- orders material and/or parts
- Supervision of helper
- Following all safety regulations
- performing other job related duties as assigned
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Completion of Grade 12 and Millwright Trades Qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a journeyman millwright in an industrial or public works environment
- A Machinist with pump maintenance experience will also be considered as an asset
- Millwright B.C. and IP Trades Qualifications.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record
This job posting will close on April 23rd, 2019.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Machining/Millwright
Posted: March 13, 2019, 1:28 pm
Expires: April 23, 2019, 4:30 pm