BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Volunteer System Coordinator0.5 Auxiliary (This position to last not later than December 20, 2019)
It is anticipated that this opportunity may extend past the posted end date, subject to approvals
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We need leadership, dynamism, and expertise to guide and protect the livability of our region. We need you.
Our Parks Department is seeking a Volunteer System Coordinator (VSC) who will strengthen and build the base of diverse, dedicated volunteers through a structured, consistent volunteer management approach, in order to more fully engage volunteers in Metro Vancouver Regional Parks. The VSC will ensure consistent, system wide volunteer management including recruitment initiatives, promotion, communications, recognition, retention, and managing the centralized database. The VSC will collaborate with various staff teams and provide administration support, and oversee initial volunteer intake. This position will serve different functions for different teams, and the successful incumbent will consult with the various teams to determine the role the VSC may play for them.
You are: A creative thinker with sound judgement and excellent communication skills. You are a motivated and results oriented individual who excels at organizing, coordinating, tracking and completing multiples task and can easily navigate changing priorities. If you want to gain valuable experience in a fast paced environment and are available to work evenings and weekends as needed, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Screens and conducts interviews of new volunteers; identifies opportunities; refers volunteers to relevant staff; and tracks volunteers in a database.
- Facilitates recruitment initiatives; and utilizes tools including web pages, volunteer placement boards, information sessions, volunteer fairs and other networking opportunities.
- Promotes volunteer opportunities; oversees initial application and intake; and offers administrative support.
- Primary administrator of the centralized volunteer management database; assists with configuration of forms and templates; posts volunteer opportunities; monitors volunteer program requirements; creates shifts and schedules for volunteers; and runs reports when data is required.
- Facilitates organizational orientation and messaging to volunteers; and manages volunteer communications.
- Ensures Criminal Records Checks (CRC) are completed when necessary, and filed securely; monitors expiry dates; facilitates repayment of the CRC costs to volunteers.
- Researches best practices for volunteer recognition, ensuring recognition and efforts are in line with best practices.
- Conducts check-in and exit interviews; and ensures retention efforts are in alignment with best practices.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of a post secondary program in a discipline related to the work, plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Sound knowledge of regional park facilities, events and programs.
- Sound knowledge of the functions and requirements of the department and of the by-laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of modern office and recordkeeping methods and practices, including the use and application of various software applications and related equipment.
- Ability to participate in matching and placing volunteers, provide orientation and monitor work performance of same.
- Ability to use software applications and computer systems and to develop and implement customized applications using same.
- Ability to prepare promotional and information materials and to participate in marketing activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and to provide advice, information and assistance to the same.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform a variety of record keeping functions, to prepare related reports and to monitor budgets.
- Ability to draft concise written communications and reports.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by March 27, 2019.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Community Development,Volunteer Services
Posted: March 13, 2019, 10:36 am
Expires: March 27, 2019, 4:30 pm