BC Local Government Job Posting Service
BC Public Service
Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General
Senior InvestigatorAn excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
Salary $62,718.94 - $71,507.64 annually
Cannabis legalization represents an historic shift in public policy. British Columbia has prioritized the goals of protecting children and youth, promoting health and safety, keeping the criminal element out of cannabis, keeping our roads safe, and supporting economic development. The Community Safety Unit, operating within the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, is charged with the responsibility of conducting inspections and investigations of illegal cannabis dispensaries and related operations to ensure compliance with federal and provincial cannabis laws.
In this position you will provide leadership and guidance to investigators located in four regional offices across the province involved in compliance and enforcement of illegal unlicensed cannabis sellers pursuant to the Cannabis Control and Licensing Act. The Senior Investigator will ensure that the duties of the investigators are conducted in a professional manner and in accordance with the principles of administrative fairness, so that the objectives of the legislation are upheld, including protecting public health and safety, preventing young people from accessing cannabis, and deterring criminal activity.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens.
Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Diploma, certification or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related discipline such as administrative law, investigation and enforcement, or criminology.
- A minimum of five years (within the past eight years) experience in a compliance and enforcement environment.
- A minimum of five years (within the past eight years) experience in conducting inspections/investigations.
- Experience producing written fact-based evidentiary reports of a complex and technical nature while maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience in leading and organizing search warrants, sometimes involving multiple agencies.
- Experience in setting up and managing multi-agency task forces.
- Experience supervising staff
For more information and to apply by March 27, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/58764
Location: Prince George, BC
Region: North Central / Cariboo
Professional Categories: Legal Services,Executive / Administrative Management
Posted: March 11, 2019, 12:29 pm
Expires: March 27, 2019, 4:30 pm