BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Clerk Typist 3 - Towing
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week
$46,240 - $54,293 annually + comprehensive benefits package
We are seeking a professional and customer service focused individual to assist with a variety of clerical duties within the Towing Services section. You will assist with receiving incoming calls from a multi-line switchboard; respond to inquiries; provide assistance and information to the public; processing disputes, payments and bank deposits; dispatching Tow Truck Operators; coordinating and administering the New Westminster public auction process; liaising with various City Departments and external stakeholders; processing mail and other correspondence; and performing other related clerical duties as required.
If the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- Completion of Grade 12, including or supplemented by commercial business courses plus considerable related experience.
- Considerable knowledge of applicable rules and regulations, methods and procedures governing towing operations.
- Experience using software programs such as Tempest, Prospero, JD Edwards and TowTrack would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ICBC towing and storage operations and the Warehouse Lien Act would be an asset
- Minimum typing speed proficiency of 55 wpm.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Sound knowledge of recordkeeping, related clerical functions and modern office practices and procedures.
- You have the ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts in processing complex enquiries, contentious complaints and in providing a wide range of information.
- You have the ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; and to provide exceptional customer service.
- You have the ability to prepare and maintain a variety of records, files, reports and correspondence.
- You have the ability to work independently and complete complex clerical and typing assignments with minimal supervision.
- You can effectively use PC industry standard applications/software including MS Office Suite and operate common office equipment.
- You have the ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- You have the ability to demonstrate effective conflict resolution skills.
- You can effectively organize work priorities.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check (PIC).
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #19-34, by March 22, 2019 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of New Westminster is committed to employment equity.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Location: New Westminster, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: March 11, 2019, 11:55 am
Expires: March 22, 2019, 4:30 pm