BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
General Program Instructors
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Non-Union Instructor - Auxiliary
As the City of Surrey’s Parks, Recreation & Culture Department, we enhance the quality of life in our communities by working to provide and facilitate the development of high-quality parks, facilities and services; by celebrating diversity and community identity; and by ensuring accessibility and inclusivity for all. We fulfill our mission through open communication, a customer focus, and respect for individuals.
The City of Surrey is currently hiring for various positions at all our Community Recreation Centre’s including:
- Childminding Instructors
- Arts & Crafts Instructors
- Introductory Level Sports Coaches
- Dance Instructors
- Have a positive and engaging attitude towards both children and adults.
- Have a high energy and enthusiastic approach to your work.
- Enjoy instructing children and youths.
- Have relevant education.
- Be a role model for children, parents and peers.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to multitask and strong communication skills.
- Possess a High 5 certificate.
- Possess valid Emergency First Aid and CPR level C with AED certification.
- Have previous experience working in instructor positions.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Education & Training
Posted: March 8, 2019, 3:54 pm
Expires: March 29, 2019, 4:30 pm