BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
RCMP Support Specialist 3
The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping to Build a City. Build a Future—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
The Technical Support Specialist 3 (TSS3) is responsible for leading a team of specialists who build, test, maintain, support, and operate associated technology. The TSS3 also provides project implementation activities to meet high-quality services in a rapidly changing and demanding climate.
- Complete service requests and incidents within specified time periods
- Provide 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level client support
- Investigate, assess and resolve software, hardware and communication problems on a wide range of IT related systems
- Isolate and resolve performance issues
- Build, re-image, upgrade, or replace IT hardware, software, and peripherals
- Develop documentation and reports
- Coordinate formalized change control
- Inform/identify best practices
- Prioritize and schedule work to complete assignments and resolve problems on time
- Plan, organize and review work assignments of junior team members.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train junior team members while assisting with resolving problems and acting as a resource.
- Investigate and establish standards and solutions for the physical space and installation requirements for equipment.
- Improve operational processes and establish procedures.
- Assist in prioritizing and managing service requests.
- Related functions as required.
- Diploma in Information Technology or related field plus four years of related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to obtain and maintain an appropriate level of RCMP Security Clearance is required for this position.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Police Services
Posted: March 8, 2019, 12:52 pm
Expires: March 28, 2019, 4:30 pm