BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Labourer - Seasonal
The City of West Kelowna is a vibrant, growing city located on the west shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake. We are recruiting to fill a permanent seasonal Labourer position to work in the Parks Department 8 months annually, March - October. The work week will consist of 5 consecutive 8 hour days one of which will be a weekend day.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will primarily perform landscape construction, irrigation and custodial duties within the large complex parks system as well as a variety of routine manual tasks in the operation and maintenance of CWK parks. This position is exclusively a labourer role responsible for helping with a wide range of construction and parks maintenance projects. Additional tasks may include grass cutting, raking, weeding, trimming, roadside cleanup, graffiti removal, ditch maintenance, painting and minor construction. The successful candidate must be able to operate small power tools and equipment.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent;
- Occupational First Aid Level I;
- Minimum of 6 months job related experience;
- Good physical condition with sufficient strength and stamina to perform heavy manual work outside in the presence of all types of weather conditions;
- Necessary knowledge of safe working and operating procedures related to equipment and tools and work procedures required to assure public safety;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Able to courteously deal with the public and co-workers under stressful conditions and/or tight timelines;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including shift work/weekends and emergency call outs;
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License. Applicants will be required to provide a current drivers abstract at time of application.
For more information, please visit www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for further review will be contacted.
COMPETITION 19-18E | CLOSES MARCH 25, 2019 | PAY $25.97/40HR/WK