BC Local Government Job Posting Service
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Volunteer & Customer Service Coordinator
The City of Delta has an exciting full-time opportunity for a recreation professional with proven skills, energy and leadership as a Volunteer & Customer Service Coordinator in our Seniors Centres within our Parks, Recreation & Culture Department. This position will provide social programming for seniors and will be responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating the work of volunteers.
In this role, the incumbent will be expected to:
- Oversee the operations of the customer service desk and ensure the efficient delivery of services and adherence to established standards, practices and policies;
- Plan, develop, and implement a program for utilizing volunteers related to the recreational and social needs for seniors;
- Prepare, organize and administer registration procedures and assists in coordinating facility activities for seniors; prepare promotional materials; and address various groups relative to seniors and volunteer programs.
- Maintain operation and training on the point of sale system; check and maintain relative materials manually and/or using the point of sale system and computer; condense and index data.
- Prepare preliminary operating budget estimates and maintain records inventory and purchases.
As the successful candidate, you will have considerable knowledge of the social, cultural, and recreational needs and interests of senior citizens and the ability to identify and assess recreational service and program needs related to the senior population. You will have excellent customer service skills and will be capable of handling complex complaints with tact and authority. You must also be able to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of recreation programs and be capable of preparing publicity and promotional material related to such programs. You must have previous experience working with seniors and volunteers. Preferred applicants will have graduated from a post-secondary institution in a discipline related to the work and will have completed courses in recreation services.
Required Licences, Certificates and Registrations:
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence
- Emergency First Aid & AED Certification
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $30.98 – $36.45 per hour (commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan as well as an earned-days-off system. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition #19-43 EX by March 31, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.