BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Accounting Clerk IFull-Time Regular (two positions)
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We need leadership, dynamism, and expertise to guide and protect the livability of our region. We need you.
Our Financial Services Department is seeking two Accounting Clerk I staff who will join our Treasury team to perform a variety of accounts receivable and invoicing duties including preparing, processing and posting accounting data.
You are: A customer service oriented individual who is looking to thrive in a fun and challenging work environment. You have proven working experience in accounting, preferably in accounts receivable, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and solid understanding of basic accounting principles. You are able to work with independence and apply critical thinking to resolve issues.
These roles will:
- Review and enter invoices and revenue data and prepare journal vouchers.
- Prepare daily bank deposits; process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.Compile and analyze financial reports detailing accounts receivable status and activities.
- Prepare account statements; perform collection work, including arranging payment schedules, on outstanding receivables by sending invoice reminders and contacting customers.
- Reconcile various account receivable ledgers, deposit ledgers and collections accounts to ensure all entries are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and resolve discrepancies in customer accounts by communicating with internal departments to clarify payment details and taking corrective action and processing adjustments as necessary.
- Perform various month-end and year-end procedures.
- Perform typing, filing and related clerical tasks as required.
- Answer routine telephone enquiries, reply to or refer same to appropriate contacts.
- Bring to the Treasury Manager’s attention potential process changes, efficiencies, and communications that will enhance the Treasury group.
- Perform related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of the 12th school grade, including or supplemented by commercial and bookkeeping courses, plus sound related experience, preferably in a computerized accounting system; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Sound knowledge of double entry bookkeeping.
- Sound knowledge of rules and regulations governing accounting department operations.
- Sound knowledge of modern accounting office practices and procedures, business English and arithmetic.
- Ability to understand and carry out established accounting procedures.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy and control and balance accounts and ledgers.
- Ability to maintain sustained attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to check the work of others and assist in other duties in the department as required.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff and the public and provide routine information and assistance.
- Skill in operating standard office equipment including a computer terminal.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by March 20, 2019.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: March 6, 2019, 3:31 pm
Expires: March 20, 2019, 4:30 pm