BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Clerk 1 – Mail RoomRegular Full Time
The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and stateof-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
The City of Coquitlam is seeking a permanent full-time Clerk 1 to join their busy City Clerk’s Office team in our Mail Room. We are looking for an enthusiastic, personable and energetic individual to complement our team. This position is responsible for the day-today operations of the City Hall Mail Room which includes tasks such as opening, stamping, sorting and delivering incoming mail; logging cheques; distributing inter-office communications; collecting, sorting; weighing and processing outgoing mail; delivering bulk mail, registered mail and parcels to the Post Office. This position also provides general clerical assistance to the City Clerk’s Office by completing such tasks as scanning; record-keeping and filing; relief to the Main Reception Desk at City Hall; and other duties as needed.
Required knowledge and abilities are as follows:
- Ability to operate common office appliances.
- Working knowledge of postal regulations, rates and procedures in processing mail.
- Candidates must be able to lift, stretch, pivot and move boxes or bundles weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Sound knowledge of routine office procedures and spelling, arithmetic and business English.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Candidates are required to be available to work regular office hours Monday to Friday; excluding Thursdays where a later shift (approximately 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.) is required; occasional overtime may be required.
- Candidates must have a valid British Columbia Driver’s Licence and their own vehicle for mail deliveries.
- Candidates must have completed grade 12 and also some commercial courses.
- Office experience is preferred but not essential.
In addition to a CUPE hourly rate of $21.66 - $25.31 per hour, a comprehensive benefits package, you can anticipate a lively, fast-paced environment, plus opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Please apply online by 5 p.m. March 19, 2019 at coquitlam.ca/jobs
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: March 5, 2019, 4:30 pm
Expires: March 19, 2019, 5:00 pm