BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Development Technologist 1
Regular Full TimeThe City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through greenfield and infill development, innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
Due to the growth we are experiencing at the City of Coquitlam, we are looking to add a Development Technologist 1 to our Planning & Development team.
Working as part of the Development Services team, the successful incumbent will review and process the engineering servicing and related legal and financial aspects of development and building permit applications to ensure compliance with municipal engineering standards and requirements. These positions will work closely with developers/consultants and other City staff in the processing of these applications and other project tasks, as appropriate.
More specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- compiling, reviewing and completing engineering servicing requirements for subdivision, development permit, rezoning, OCP amendment and other related project tasks to ensure compliance with applicable by laws and requirements of the City pertinent to land development activities;
- exercising and providing specialized and technical advice and direction; interpreting and explaining City policies, procedures, regulations, by laws and other requirements to developers/consultants, other City staff and the general public;
- working with the Engineering Department staff to analyze existing water, storm and sanitary sewer systems to determine capacities and evaluate alternative servicing options and impact on existing Municipal services;
- reviewing correspondence and reports, and drafting agreements specifying facts, findings, conclusions and/or recommendations, where appropriate; and
- undertaking related duties as required.
Our ideal candidate will have a diploma or degree from a recognized a post-secondary Civil or Structural Engineering program plus sound related experience, preferably in a municipal environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Certification or eligibility for certification as an Applied Science Technologist within the Province of British Columbia or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable.
A valid BC Driver’s license is required.
This is a CUPE position with 2019 rates of $34.98– $41.29 based on a 35 hour work week. This position offers a comprehensive benefits package and the option of participating in the earned day off program.
Please apply on-line at www.coquitlam.ca/jobs by 5:00 pm, March 19, 2019.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Planning & Development
Posted: March 5, 2019, 3:36 pm
Expires: March 19, 2019, 5:00 pm