BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Planning Assistant 1 – Community PlanningTemporary Full Time – 2 years 2 positions
The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
Bring your passion, training and experience to this exciting opportunity. As one of the fastest growing communities in British Columbia we are looking for highly motivated and committed urban planning professional to join the City’s growing Community Planning team.
We are looking for a highly organized, customer service oriented team player. The successful incumbent in this role will be working with our highly skilled Community Planning team to gain planning experience working on specific planning projects for a two year term. In this moderately complex, technical and project based role, the work may include:
- Conducting research and preparing background documents;
- Assisting with public consultation events and evaluating public responses;
- Researching, assembling and analyzing physical, statistical, economic and social data related to assigned projects;
- Preparing and maintaining records, reports, and statistics related to their work;
- Compiling data and research into final reports;
- Performing other planning related work as required.
Along with an education in Urban and Regional Planning, excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and, preferably, some experience in a municipal planning office, the individual selected will possess proven knowledge of:
- Drafting, graphic design and presentation skills;
- Urban planning principles and practices;
- Ability to compile statistical data and research into reports;
- Experience with GIS, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
The CUPE hourly rate of $27.45 - $32.25 (2019 Rates) plus 6% in lieu of benefits, and a compressed work week is being offered.
Please apply online by 5 p.m. March 19, 2019 at coquitlam.ca/jobs
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Planning & Development
Posted: March 5, 2019, 1:08 pm
Expires: March 19, 2019, 5:00 pm