BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Community Safety (Bylaw) Officer – Night and Weekend Coordinator
(Permanent Full Time)SUMMARY: Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford has an immediate opening for a permanent full-time Senior Community Safety (Bylaw) Officer – Night and Weekend Coordinator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides extensive community patrols, outreach, education and effective customer service.
- Connects and liaises with residents, visitors and the local business community with a focus on public relations and the use of dispute resolution strategies and mediation before considering advancing matters to other levels of bylaw enforcement and public safety organizations.
- Professionally provides information related to the interpretation and application of the City of Langford Bylaws and enforces bylaws through education, notices, tickets and charges.
- Provides oversight and coordination to the City’s nightly security patrol, as well as other community safety officers who may be working on the evening or weekend shift.
- Acts as a conduit of information to other first response organizations.
- Regularly patrols parks, trails and public spaces in all-weather conditions.
- Degree or diploma in law and law enforcement based studies or relevant subject matter.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively liaise with the public with diplomacy and tact, including at least 3 years’ experience with enforcement of municipal bylaws and regulations.
- Valid BC Driver’s License, class 5 or better (or equivalent).
- RCMP security clearance within 6 months of employment.
For a full list of required and preferred knowledge, skills and requirements, please refer to the job description available on the City of Langford website.
Salary range for this full time position is $39.54 - $42.19 per hour plus an excellent benefits plan. The days of work will typically be Wednesday to Sunday between the hours of 7:00pm - 3:00am (35 hour/week), with a modified work week.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by noon on Tuesday, March 19 , 2019 to the City of Langford, Human Resources Department, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Victoria, BC, V9B 2X8 or e- mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
2nd Floor · 877 Goldstream Avenue · Langford, BC Canada · V9B 2X8
T · 250-478-7882 F · 250-478-7864