BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Planning Technician 1 – Community Planning
We are hiring for an entry-level professional planning position with a focus on Community Planning. You will perform varied duties in the Community Planning Division.
- Providing information and related services to internal and external clients, including bylaw and policy interpretation and advise related to planning and development as assigned by senior staff.
- Communicating with members of the public, developers and their agents, external agencies and departments and provide technical assistance to the Planners and Planning Technicians in report writing, public consultation, presentations, data collections and other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in planning, geography, economics, commerce, political science or a related field from a recognized post-secondary educational institution.
- Previous work experience in the planning field.
- The ability to communicate effectively, knowledge of community planning principles, and ability to use relevant computer applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, GIS and MS Office.
- You can make sound decisions in the performance of your duties.
- You work well within a team-based environment.
- You can provide excellent customer service to both members of the public and City of Surrey staff and partners.
This job will be posted until March 20, 2019.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Planning & Development
Posted: February 21, 2019, 2:05 pm
Expires: March 20, 2019, 4:30 pm