BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Facilities Operator II
THE OKANAGAN LIFESTYLE IS CALLING
The City of West Kelowna is a vibrant, growing city located on the west shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake. The City of West Kelowna’s Facilities Department is seeking to fill a permanent, full time position of Facilities Operator II.
Grow your career in one of the best places on earth. Forget the long commute. Kayak or walk on the waterfront at sunrise, put in an honest day’s work, and still have plenty of time for a bike ride or round of golf before sunset. Fill your weekends with wine tours, hiking, mountain biking, downhill or cross country skiing, or boating. Or enjoy one of the many campgrounds within less than an hour’s drive from home.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The Facilities Operator II operates and performs general ice maintenance duties including operating ice resurfacing equipment, power edging, ice measurements, installing and removing of ice. Other responsibilities include routine inspections and maintenance on the ammonia refrigeration plant, maintaining facilities records by observing and recording information on iceplant operation, building maintenance, user statistics and performs various routine custodial duties in CWK facilities to ensure a clean, and safe environment for all user groups. The successful applicant will deal tactfully and courteously with the public and practice good public relations while responding to public inquiries.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 education, plus Arena Ice Maker’s certificate or a recognized equivalent to the RFABC course;
- Provincially certified 5th Class Power Engineer (refrigeration endorsement) certificate of qualification;
- Current RCMP Criminal Records Check;
- Occupational First Aid Level I;
- Forklift certification is an asset;
- Minimum of 2 years related experience;
- Working knowledge of ice resurfacing and arena refrigeration plant operation;
- Knowledge of fire alarms, fire extinguishers, fire fighting methods, emergency crowd control, and building evacuation;
- Knowledge of WHMIS, janitorial practices, including safe and proper handling of waxes, cleaners and other chemicals used;
- Ability to perform minor building and equipment maintenance tasks;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including shift work and emergency call outs;
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License.
For more information, please visit www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
COMPETITION 19-16E | CLOSES MARCH 18, 2019 | PAY $30.63/40HR/WK
Location: West Kelowna, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Janitorial/Custodial Services,Facilities Maintenance
Posted: February 21, 2019, 1:23 pm
Expires: March 18, 2019, 4:30 pm